Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Through The Door

THROUGH THE DOOR -  2017.01
                                      
Most of my life I have struggled to understand my purpose and place in this world. I have been in a hurry to “get to reach my destiny” and understand all that the Lord has been doing in my life.

Brought up a Baptist, I was taken to a Roman Catholic church with my grandmother. I was “adopted” into a Plymouth Brethren family which is as opposite as you can get from both, and ended up married to an Anglican priest!

Born on  Canada's east coast, I ended up living on the west coast where I thought Vancouver was Heaven on Earth, only to be called to Seattle, WA (really Lord??!!!). That became home like no other place I’d been.

Called to ministry as a teen, I ended up being in the shadows of my husband who was the “real” minister (paid and everything!!) and found that I was an artist - in three genres! (Music, writing and painting).

I have never really felt like I belonged anywhere, but rather “homeless” 5 times in my life, and at present, we are not settled anywhere. I have been “through with doors” for a long time!

But finally, I am coming to grips with what my spirit seems to have known in 2004 when I wrote this poem. I didn’t want to go through doors, I just wanted to be finished with them! But Jesus is patient (Thank You Jesus!).

Jesus has been teaching me that it is not the destination He’s interested in because He’s able to keep me from falling, and to present me faultless before the presence of His glory (Jude 24). And I am confident that He who has begun this good work in me will carry it on to completion. (Phil 1:6) He can do that!

No, Jesus is more interested in what I do with what’s through the door than in getting to the door. Will I embrace what He sets before me and realize that He is helping me develop character and fruit that will last? Will I recognize that what I encounter through the door are opportunities to behave and respond like Jesus, and thereby become more like Him? I have to embrace my life. It doesn’t do me any good to wish it would just go away or be what it isn’t.

I have to embrace the door; see it, touch it, feel it, listen to what it has to tell me, and taste and see that the Lord is good. After 6 years of ignoring the door before me, I think I am FINALLY ready to experience the adventure that awaits me Through the Door.

Peace & Love to you as you journey through your doors.
- Holly M. <><

8 comments:

VISTO said...

Good word, Mo! And happy birthday!!

Susan Grace N God said...

Good Happy Birthday Morning Holly. I hope you have a day full of sunny, smiling faces.

I look forward to your blog.

love
Diane

Unknown said...

Will enjoy reading your blog, Holly! You always have words with depth. What do you see as you look through the present door?

Holly M Roddam said...

Dear Unknown, Thank you for your comment :) I hope this blog will bless you, and encourage you in your journey.

I thought that anonymous comments weren't allowed so I was surprised and pleased to see that you were able to post this :) Would you mind telling me who you are?

To answer your question, when I look through this present door, I see a lot of hope for this year. Already the Lord has been taking care of some financial things that were weighing me down, and he has blessed my family too! But I think it's because a bigger picture is being painted.

I do believe the Lord is calling His Church to step it up this year, to put their agendas aside and fall in behind Him. He is on the move. The time is short, and there are still millions who do not know how He loves them. I think He is looking for a people who will allow Him to move through them with "signs and wonders following" and touch the lives of those who don't believe in Him.

But it means, for me at least, getting over myself and remembering that I am called to BE like Jesus and ACT like Him, and do greater things than He did (His words, not mine!) and if I can stop looking in the "poor me" mirror, and walk through the door, He said He would be on the other side (Rev 3:20 0 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.) So I have decided, "I'm in!" No more standing on the sidelines!!

Want to join me?? :D

Peace & Love,
Holly M. <><

Susan Grace N God said...

Oh....I think I partially figured out the problems at my end.

In order to "comment" I have to go to the column on the right of you blog and click on that days's blog entry...then...scroll to the bottom of that page and click "comment"....there I can see all your comments.

Now when I go to "comment" and I "publish" my comment it automatically picks up what it "thinks" I am.

When I first entered your blog I was the Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach .....probably 3 years ago....trying to help a girl to "write" her story. She is a "little girl" .... 48 years old...suffered a traumatic brain injury when she was 9....and she is stuck at 9. She saw me in the computer room and latched on to me and we have been friends ever since. I made a "profile" for her and for ever, I guess, that comment data base will think I am Susan Grace. I doubt seriously that she will ever find it to write ... so .. for now ... I am Susan Grace.

Unknown said...

I found this encouraging and insightful. I appreciate that you also laid out a game plan for helping to bring in the lost. I too have often felt I wasn't home. I suspect it has to do more with this being my temporary home. Thank you for sharing your blog.

Holly M Roddam said...

Bless you Sandy :) Thanks for the comment :)

I am still looking for my "tribe" but believe the Lord is doing something in this season that will lead me "home" to them :) Maybe I'll see you there :D

Peace & Love,
Holly M. <><

Unknown said...

I like that thought. I'm encouraged to keep at it!

AS YOU GO ...

At the Taj Mahal Pastors at the Training Centre in Nepal 1st International Speak in 113 years As You Go… I have long believed that when Jesu...